WAYS TO BURN CALORIES FASTER
It’s the classic excuse… ‘I’m overweight cos I’ve got a slow metabolism’ – but isn’t it just a myth that a slow metabolism can make you fat?
Not according to research from the University of Cambridge. Its researchers have found a link between our genetic make-up and the metabolic rate at which we are able to convert food into energy.
Metabolism is the term used to describe the processes of how your body gets the energy it needs from food and how it burns calories.
So what can we do? We’ve looked into these claims and found some simple actions that you can take:
1) Drink Green Tea Green tea contains antioxidants called catechins which are said to boost a metabolic rate by 4% over 24 hours without increasing your heart rate. Some studies even claim that slurping three to five cups a day can help you burn an extra 70 calories a day.
2) Catch Some Z’s Experts at Harvard Medical School claim that if you sleep less than seven hours of sleep a night, then you are more than three times likely to gain weight every year. They say that energy and activity level is lower when you are tired, which means your metabolic rate decreases as well.
3) Eat Breakfast If you eat a hearty but healthy breakfast it will help increase your energy, control your appetite, and speed up your metabolism. Just ensure that your breakfast contains a good balance of carbs and protein.
4) Eat More And Often You might think it’s better to fast, but it’s actually important to make sure you don’t eat less than 1,200 calories a day. Eating something small every 3-4 hours can keep your metabolism raised. So no more mocking Fight Fit Ben for constantly stuffing his face.
5) Enjoy A Little Caffeine A couple of cups of coffee or other low-calorie caffeinated drinks could actually boost your metabolism- in fact, some studies show that caffeine can increase the metabolic rate by up to 11%. But remember to drink in moderation, too many lattes could also lead to high blood pressure and high blood sugar.
6) Go Hot Hot Hot Hot peppers including jalapeno and cayenne peppers can increase your body’s release of hormones such as adrenaline, which can reportedly boost metabolism. Capsaicin found in the peppers is also said to increase the activity of proteins found in our muscles that break down fat.
And finally… 7) Exercise So come on, you know it! Exercise is one of THE most important things when it comes to increasing your metabolism. Take part in intense cardio for 30 minutes or more per day to help kick-start your metabolism. So come and join us…. Fight Fit Combat Fitness is waiting for you!