How to avoid eating too much!
Worried you’re eating more than you’re working off? Here’s five simple ways to watch what you eat.
1) PRACTICE PORTION CONTROL – You may think you’re just having a small bowl of pasta, but it’s all too easy to wolf down more than you realise.
2) KEEP A DIARY – Keep a note of what you eat during the day and how it makes you feel – it can help you monitor your food habits.
A number of studies have found that people who keep food diaries are more likely to be successful in losing weight and keeping it off.
3) DON’T SKIP MEALS – How many of you have skipped breakfast or lunch in the hope it will help you lose a bit of weight?
Well according to some studies, this is one of the worse things you can do – your metabolism slows down and you’re much more likely to overeat later in the day.
4) ENJOY MEALTIMES – Take time to sit down and enjoy your meals at the table rather than from a tray in front of the TV!
Statistics show that people who eat while watching TV are more likely to eat bigger portions and won’t realise they are full. Sitting down will help you eat slowly and concentrate on what you consume.
5) DRINK A GLASS OF WATER – By drinking at least a glass of water before or during your meal, it should help fill your stomach, make you less hungry and less likely to overeat.